When you call or e-mail me to book a therapy session I will get back to you as quickly as possible with available openings.
I make every attempt to schedule you as quickly as possible. Once you have an initial appointment, I often recommend we book a few appointments, so that once we begin, we can continue on a regular schedule, as needed. I also keep a waiting list . Occasionally I refer to or consult with respected colleagues so we may work as a team for your best care.
My Office Space
Because my practice is based in my home, I will send the office location and directions to you once we confirm. I do not advertise the address to assure confidentiality and security for both you and me. My office requires that you be able to use stairs. If this is a problem, please let me know.
I strive to create a safe space that provides comfort and peace of mind for my clients. I use only non-toxic, all-natural cleaning products and I do not use scents or perfumes in the space, other than lightly scented massage creams chosen by each client. I always offer safe, unscented product options.
I try to be as light on the earth as possible in my practice. I power my space with 100 percent wind power, use low lighting and energy efficient light bulbs, and try to increase efficiency at every opportunity.
The First Session
- Read and fill out client waver, intake form, and statement of policy prior to arrival.
This will be a foundation from which we can work and where you can state your goals in detail.
- If you are referred for or seeking to address specific issues, we will use your first session to perform a thorough assessment and evaluation. You will also receive a working physical therapy diagnosis.
- Together we set your goals, plan how to work toward them, and discuss frequency and timeframe.
- An evaluation for a single issue is usually 60 minutes. If you have an involved or complicated issue, or would like to address more than one issue, expect a 90-minute evaluation.
- We decide together how often you return and schedule visits accordingly.
- We periodically re-assess your goals.
- We continue to work together as needed.
- If needed or desired, we will collaborate with other professionals to give you the best care possible.
- If necessary at any point, a referral to a primary care provider will be made to be sure therapy is safe and effective for you.
If you need to cancel or change your appointment, I ask 24 hours’ notice by telephone so that I have the opportunity to re-book the time. Appointments canceled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged the full visit fee.
If I am not available when you need an appointment, I am happy to refer you to another highly trained professional in my collaborative network. My hope is that you find the work that you need, when you need it.